Are you shopping for cheap auto insurance for women? If you are, you will be happy to hear that it is a statistical fact that, as an average, women pay lower insurance rates than men. One of the main reasons why a female will pay less, if all other factors are equal, is because that the statistics show women take less risks behind the wheel. Not only do more men get DUIs, the incidence of accidents is higher for the male gender, showing that men like to take more risks. As a woman, you will still need to take time to compare the rates from all of the leading and respected auto insurance companies if you want to find the more competitive rates. As you are requesting your real-time quotes, here are some valuable tips that may help you lower your premiums:
Understand How the Model Affects Your Rates Before you Go Car Shopping
If you do not own a vehicle, or you are in the process of trading your vehicle in,, you should take the time to understand how the model that you choose can affect your premiums. Obviously, the rates for a compact Ford will be lower than the rates for a new luxury Mercedes, but some of the differences in price are not quite as obvious. Before you decide on the type of car you want to purchase, understand that vehicles are rated based on their classification code. The classification code that they are given is based on how much they cost to repair, how much damage they cause in accidents, and other safety ratings. It is in your best interest to take time to request quotes on several different vehicle models before you make a purchase. This will help you get an idea of which cars are reasonable, and which cars are expensive to insure.
How to Keep Insurance Premiums As Low As Possible
If you already own a vehicle, the next step is learning how policies are rated. Gender, which it does help when you are a female, is not a primary rating factor. Your driving record, the accident record, and other various factors play a major role in auto rates. As you are requesting quotes, here are some tips that may help you keep your premiums down:
- Usage can affect your rates. If you do not commute to work or school, make sure to select pleasure usage for the lowest premiums.
- High annual mileage will raise your premium. Do not overestimate how much you drive each year because this will cost you.
- Raise your deductibles for comprehensive and collision cover if you find that your premiums are high.
- Ask if you can take a Mature Driver or a Driver Safety Training course for a discount. You typically receive a credit for 3 years.
- Insure all of your vehicles with the same company to receive multi-car and extra car discounts.
- Combine other lines of insurance, like property or life insurance, to receive multi-line discounts.
The best way to find cheap auto insurance rates as a woman is to compare rates. Rather than calling all of the well-known companies and spending a lot of time comparing rates, use an online tool to your advantage and gain access to rate quotes instantly.