Are you tired of paying too much for South Carolina car insurance? If you feel like your rates are going up each and every time you receive your renewal bill, now is the time to enter your zip code in the field above. By entering your zip code at the top of the page, you can compare South Carolina auto insurance quotes without ever picking up the phone or visiting more than one website. Make the process of finding affordable insurance easier and you will never pay too much for your insurance again.
South Carolina Auto Insurance Laws and Requirements
All motorists are required to carry auto insurance in SC. The state mandated laws are designed to protect all drivers on the road from suffering damages at the hands of another. While drivers are expected to be compliant with compulsory laws, many drivers in the state are not complying with the law and new legislation has been passed to step up the penalties for driving without insurance. This new set of penalties will cost motorists who are not compliant with the law a lot of money in fines and administrative fees. The penalties that are now enforced include:
- Law enforcement will tow and impound any vehicle that is being driven without proof of insurance
- Motorists cited must pay a $350 fine and pay for the costs associated with towing the vehicle
- Suspension of driver license, license plates, and vehicle registrations
- Motorists must pay $200 to have any of the above reinstated
Mandatory state laws require that all motorists carry liability insurance. Liability insurance will pay to repair damages that are caused by the policyholder to a third-party. The minimum requirements in South Carolina are as follows:
- Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
South Carolina Car Insurance Statistics
While Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is not required in South Carolina, purchasing this optional coverage is recommended. Statistics show that 11 percent of drivers in the state are not insured. To ensure you receive the compensation you deserve in an accident, you should invest in additional coverage that may not be required.
Tips on Finding Cheap Car Insurance in SC
You do not have to purchase a policy with bare minimum coverage just to save money. If you want a comprehensive policy and low premiums, here are some tips on how you can save money on your insurance:
- Take advantage of low annual mileage ratings
- Rate your vehicle as pleasure if you do not commute to work or school
- Take state-approved courses on defensive driving
- Provide your insurer with a Letter of Experience showing you are Accident-free
Now is the time to start requesting South Carolina auto insurance quotes from all of the leading insurers in the state. The new rate comparison tool above will equip you with the tools you need to shop for the best auto insurance policy and receive the best price. Save time and, in just minutes, save money as well.