The story of Country Financial began in 1925 when a small group of farmers banded together to form an insurance company that had the interest of the average person in mind. At the time, the goal of Country Financial was to safeguard the things that were important to their customer’s livelihood, which is why they started by offering fire, crop, and farm equipment coverage to Midwesterners. Now, the company has a solid footing in 19 states, offering a full slate of premium car insurance products to both rural customers and city dwellers everywhere from Alaska to Alabama.
Country Financial is a company that is true to its root. The root goal of their policies is to protect what’s most important while out on the road.
Types Of Coverage
With the practicality that accompanies rural life in mind, Country Financial seeks to offer a sound foundation of coverage for drivers, starting with the basics. Once those basic coverage levels are established, they offer plenty of add-ons to suit your needs.
Coverage options at Country Financial include:
- Liability and Medical: Coverage that protects you if you’re at fault in an accident and cause injury to others or damage to property. Medical costs and legal fees can add up quickly. Liability and medical seeks to offset those costs.
- Collision: This coverage kicks in to cover damages to your car when you’re in an accident with a static object (ie: a tree) or another car. Country Financial offers deductible choices between $50 and $1,000.
- Comprehensive: Coverage that covers your car from claims including vandalism, natural disasters, theft, or falling objects. Deductible choices range between $0 and $1,000.
Aside from these basic coverage options, Country Financial also offers special options for additional coverage.
Special options include:
- Emergency Roadside Assitance
- Safety Glass Coverage
- Vehicle Rental Reimbursement
- Personal Effects Coverage. Covers up to $800 worth of valuables within the vehicle
- “The Keeper” Coverage. Covers a brand-new car if your vehicle (up to four model years) is totaled in an accident or suffers damages covered under the policy.
- Extra Liability Umbrella Insurance
Make sure your car always has the legal minimum of coverage for your state and then build your policy from there with special add-ons.
Country Financial offers premium discounts to reward good behavior behind the wheel or vehicle safety features. Currently, you can enjoy the following discounts at Country Financial:
- New car discount
- Anti-theft alarm
- Are engaged to be married within 12 months
- Bundle your home and life policy with auto
- Insure more than one vehicle through Country Financial
- Complete a defensive driving course
- Are employed as a full-time teacher, firefighter, police officer, EMT or paramedic
- Complete the Simply Drive Online Safety Course (eligible for 16 and 17 year-old drivers)
There are plenty of ways to earn a discount on your car insurance. Just keep in mind that discounts that apply to your initial policy may not apply at renewal dates if circumstances have changed.
Is Country Financial Highly Rated?
Every insurer seeks a high rating from J.D. Power and Associates in terms of customer satisfaction. In 2019, Country Financial ranked second overall in J.D. Power’s Auto Claims Satisfaction Survey, earning 896 points out of a possible 1,000, putting them in the Power Circle rating of “Among the Best.”
Additionally, Country Financial has earned an A.M. Best rating of A+ (superior), which indicates the insurer has a strong ability to pay claims and sound financial backing. This brings peace of mind to consumers, as it means claims will always be paid for adequately and without hassle.
Moreover, Country Financial has been known to draw fewer than the median number of complaints to state regulators as compared to other companies of their size and breadth, according to studies conducted by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
What Are Customers Saying?
A high rating by the NAIC means little if actual consumers don’t feel as if Country Financial is doing their best. Luckily, most reviewers put Country Financial in a favorable light. A majority of consumers feel as if pricing at Country Financial is fair and that they do receive good coverage for the money. The claims process is relatively painless, though that can vary by state. Most do feel as if the insurance company handles every issue quickly and with a good degree of communication between parties.
Agents were deemed to be well-trained, friendly, and having the best interests of customers in mind. However, some policyholders cited that rate hikes are quite common come renewal time and that adequate notice is not given when rates are going to go up. Moreover, a few reviewers felt as if it took too much time to have their claims processed and vehicles repaired. Some customers surveyed also stated that the customer service experience could be a mixed bag. There is also little wiggle room in the way of pricing.
Overall, there are a few key pros and cons of Country Financial to keep in mind:
- Solid financial backing
- Mostly positive customer service reviews
- Great basic coverage options and add-ons
- Easy-to-use website
- Transparent pricing policies
- Generous discounts for safe driving and specific occupations
- The claims process is relatively easy and hassle-free
- Billing options are quite flexible
- Agents are easy to reach
- Customers don’t feel as if loyalty is rewarded
- Little leeway in pricing
- The claims process can take some time overall
- Rates can rise without a proper reason
When looking to take on a car insurance policy with Country Financial, weigh each pro and con carefully. Choose the policy and price point that makes sense for you, while considering the average customer experience.