In the 1940s, farming was a seriously dangerous occupation fraught with peril. Many insurance companies refused to insure farm structures and properties due to the inherent risk. To offer farmer’s an option, the Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee was founded in 1948 by those farmers who found it impossible to get their properties properly insured. It didn’t take long for friends and neighbors to catch on and take advantage of the insurance program the Farm Bureau was willing to offer.
Nowadays, the Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennesse offers auto, home, and life insurance policies, to those who call the great state of Tennesse home. With affordable prices and impeccable customer service, they now insure more automobiles than any other insurer in Tennesee.
What Types Of Coverages Does Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee Offer?
Much like the practical foundation in which Farm Bureau Insurance was founded, the optional auto insurance policies are grounded in what’s truly necessary out there on the road. You’ll get basic options in the form of Liability (bodily harm and property), Collision (deductible of your choice), and Comprehensive (deductible of your choice). Each of these basic options comes with some included coverage options and some excellent add ons. Additional coverage options include:
- Medical payments coverage. Doles out for medical expenses caused by an auto accident to you or those in your car.
- Emergency roadside assistance. In the event that your car becomes disabled (ie: flat tire or dead battery), Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennesse will pay a fixed amount for towing to the nearest service station. They will also pay for a locksmith should you lock your keys in the car.
- Rental reimbursement. Whatever you pay for a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired from a covered loss will be reimbursed back to you.
- Uninsured bodily injury coverage. Covers damages accrued b you or others in your car by an uninsured or underinsured vehicle.
- Uninsured property damage coverage. Covers the cost of damages to your car and property if your car is hit by an uninsured or underinsured vehicle.
Odds are, you want to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to your auto insurance policy. The Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee seeks to do just that by offering several discounts on your policy. Optional discounts include:
- Safe driver discount (driving record will be checked and may go back 3 years)
- Multi-line discount
- Multi-car discount
- The First Mile Young Driver Discount. A program for teens who complete an online course known as “The First Mile.”
You may qualify for additional discounts should you choose to bundle your auto insurance with other policies provided by Farm Bureau.
Is Farm Bureau Insurance Of Tennessee Highly Rated?
J.D. Power rankings are derived from comprehensive consumer studies and opinions on those who have used services or policies regarding insurance. For five straight years, Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee ranked highest among insurance providers in the Southeast Region of the United States. They consistently strive to offer the best in customer service and attention to detail.
Much like every insurance company clamors for a J.D. Power Ranking, most want a positive ranking from A.M. Best. Right now, Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee has a financial strength rating of A+ (Superior) from A.M. Best. They also rank in the top 50 in Wards.
What Are Customers Saying?
High rankings from companies like J.D. Power don’t mean much if customers aren’t satisfied with their insurance policies. What do most customers say about Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee? To begin with, most users find policies and pricing to be very fair. None report feeling penalized for claims or for using their insurance to cover damages. Customer service is ranked very highly. When a consumer calls with a question about coverage or to file a claim, they report being met with helpful and knowledgable staff members ready to answer. Others cite that repairs and quotes are done quickly and that premiums tend to properly coincide with coverage.
Of course, not every customer shares the same experience with Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennesee. One common complaint among customers is that it can take multiple calls to get anything done regarding a claim. While most do admit that agents are always friendly, wait times and the hassle of getting through to a person can be frustrating. Another common complaint relates to quotes on damages. Some feel as if Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee underscores the amount of damage and low balls in terms of what they are willing to payout.
Let’s take a look at the bad and good aspects of Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee broken down:
- Suitable coverage options for the region
- Excellent discount options
- Flexible billing options (monthly and annually)
- Fair prices for coverage
- Knowledgable staff
- Simple claims process
- Friendly agents
- Consistently high J.D. Power Rankings
- Wait times to speak to an agent can be lengthy
- Quotes may not meet expectations
- No rewards for loyal customers
- Fewer coverage options than larger national insurers
Weigh the pros and cons and seek the coverage policy that can put you on the road safely, all while bringing peace of mind. Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee offers plenty of options for drivers of all walks of life.