Back in 1923, a man named Hawthrone K. Dent wanted to approach the idea of insurance in an entirely new way. He was a pioneer looking to defy convention and ignore those who said it couldn’t be done. With nothing but conviction and a big dream, he started the General Insurance Company of America in Seattle. People immediately began calling them “The General.” Customers praised them for competitive prices and service that was second to none. In 1953, “The General” created a subsidiary known as the Auto and Fire Insurance Company of America, known succinctly as Safeco. Since then, Safeco has been granting drivers with amazing customer service, generous coverage options, and price-points that fit every budget.
What Type Of Coverage Does Safeco Offer?
Unlike many car insurance companies, Safeco gives customers the option to customize their policies with optional coverages that can take a basic package to extraordinary levels.
Standard coverage options include:
- Essential Liability Coverage: Protection required by law that covers your vehicle if it is involved in an accident while being driven by you or somebody else.
- Collision: This coverage can help to pay for repairs to your car when damage is caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive: Coverage that can help to pay for repairs or to replace your car if it is vandalized, damaged in a way other than a collision (ie: weather) or stolen. Comprehensive also covers animal collisions, which those in certain regions of the US know too well.
Aside from these more basic coverage options, Safeco also boasts unique coverage options to really protect yourself out on the road.
Additional coverage options include:
- Roadside Assistance
- Rental Car Reimbursement
- Pet Coverage
- New Car Replacement
- Electronic Key and Lock Replacement
- Personal Property Coverage
- Auto-Visual and Custom Equipment Coverage
- Loan and Lease Coverage
Each of these additional add-on options can bring you some well-deserved peace of mind while dealing with the unpredictabilities of getting behind the wheel.
Safeco rewards drivers who practice safe driving behind the wheel and prove themselves to be committed to making sound decisions. If you’re looking to save money on car insurance premiums, Safeco offers the following discounts for auto insurance:
- Bundle deals for home and auto policies (15% savings)
- Accident forgiveness. Once you are with Safeco for a certain number of years, your first accident on the policy is waived.
- Safe Driving Discounts. Safeco rewards drivers who maintain a clean driving record or take a driving safety course.
- Accident Prevention Course. Drivers over the age of 55 can complete an accident prevention course to receive a three-year discount.
- Good Student Discount
- Driver Training Discount. For teens who complete a driver education course.
- Distant Student Discount. Eligible for teen drivers in school more than 100 miles away from home.
- Drive less, Pay Less. Save 20 percent with a low-mileage discount if your car sits in the driveway more than it is on the road.
- Safety Features Discount
Each of these discount offers will be considered with your initial policy and with each policy renewal.
Is Safeco Highly Rated?
J.D. Power has rated Safeco as among the best in nationwide car insurance companies, ranking seventh out of the top ten car insurance companies in the United States. When it comes to claims satisfaction, J.D. Power ranks Safeco as about average and that their insurance shopping is better than most.
Safeco is backed by the strength of Liberty Mutual and boasts an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent)and an A2 (Good) rating from Moody’s Investors Service. Additionally, Safeco has received an A- (Strong) from Standard & Poors. They are also ranked on the Fortune’s 100 lists of the top companies in the US.
What Do Customers Say About Safeco?
Safeco enjoyed fewer than the expected number of complaints than comparable companies. Most customers cite that they enjoy great coverage at a fair price, mentioning that they offer generous reimbursement policies for first aid and accidents. Customers love that they have many coverage options to choose from and can customize their policy based on their own needs. This keeps costs low and trims the fat when it comes to coverage. When it comes to customer service, most policyholders felt that it was easy to get through to an agent and file a claim. They also enjoyed that they could communicate with staff 24/7 through text, email, or traditional phone.
Negatively speaking, many customers feel as if sometimes accident claims are handled unprofessionally and that communicating with adjusters can be difficult. Some cite a breakdown in communication between users and agents, while other customers complained that they are not adequately being informed of changes to policy rates. Overall, time spent trying to communicate with staff, filing claims, or receiving general information on their accounts can be a hassle with Safeco.
Let’s break down the pros and cons down below:
- Many unique coverage options
- Flexible billing options
- Easy to use mobile applications and online services
- Fair pricing for coverage options
- Well-explained policy rates
- Strong financial ratings
- Communicating with an agent can be difficult
- Zero rewards for long-term customers
- Filing claims isn’t always simple
Overall, Safeco boasts plenty of coverage options and strong financial backing from Liberty Mutual to leave you feeling safe behind the wheel. Weigh the pros and cons carefully before choosing the policy that is best for you. At the end of the day, your satisfaction as a policyholder is key!